Personally and professionally, my interests lie in technology and web development. I enjoy the challenges that come with problem solving, troubleshooting, and developing stable and secure IT infrastructure and software architecture that meets business needs. As a web developer, I love learning and applying new technologies to the greatest extent possible, and I use this knowledge to fuel the success of every project I work on.
Web Applications Developer
- WORLDPAC, Inc.
- Plano, TX
- 2012 — Present
- Web application development lead.
- Create and maintain AWS Cloud Architecture (EC2, EFS, S3, CDN, RDS, Lambda). Turnkey web hosting platforms built with code.
- Migrate internal legacy product imaging service to AWS: Service Management web application utilizes PHP7 and Laravel 5.5, and beanstalkd for queue management. Create automated image processing workflow with S3, API Gateway, Lambda, and CloudFront.
- Create and implement development tools (node.js, gulp with plugins) to build web applications for deployment to staging and production environments.
- Designed and developed workflow efficiency web application that helped increase employee productivity by 52%.
- Enhance and modernize legacy e-commerce website. Project includes:
- Transform monolithic JSP page architecture to a JSON API backend with an AngularJS frontend.
- Implement DRY and Single Responsibility principles to simplify the code base.
- Reduce server traffic by implementing smaller, targeted AJAX data requests, and combining and minifying JS/CSS.
- Implement Amazon CloudFront Content Delivery Network reducing server traffic by 75%, improving server uptime to 99.92%.
- Joomla website development, including custom templates, WAF installation/maintenance, and automated backups to S3.
- WORLDPAC, Inc.
- Newark, CA
- 2010 — 2012
- Designed, developed, and maintained over 30 public and intranet web properties.
- Enhanced the look and performance of an in-house reporting tool. Entire UI refresh. Database and application performance enhancements reduced average page load time from fifteen seconds to less than one second.
- Designed and developed a Polldaddy scheduling and publishing tool. Provided the Marketing department with a single, easy to use, self-service tool to manage their Polldaddy campaigns across various web properties.
- Developed and maintained geolocation web services: map visualizations, customer training class locator, precise email campaign targeting.
Freelance Web Developer/Designer
- San Ramon, CA
- 2008 — 2010
- Managed entire customer lifecycle including assessing and documenting client requirements, developing solutions, and ensuring customer success.
- Designed and developed custom websites, micro-frameworks and templates.
- Converted existing websites into content management systems, such as TextPattern and Joomla, providing customers with the capability to edit their own website content.
Senior IT Analyst
- AT&T Services
- San Ramon, CA
- 1996 — 2008
- Managed development and implementation of Automatic Call Distributors (ACD).
- Developed XHTML/CSS front-end web interfaces for software configuration utilities.
- Coded utility applications in VBScript, manipulating file systems, Windows registry, and creating run-time logs.
- Designed and built Oracle and Access databases.
- Built reporting server repository. Developed reports and automated distribution of executive reports.
- Administered Crystal Reports systems, including installation, configuration, and custom report creation.
- Ensured accurate billing by careful review of vendor maintenance contracts.
- Trained and mentored team members.